About Joomla! 3.6 Who doesn’t know about Joomla!? It is one of the most popular and reliable content management systems thats helps developers create ...
About Joomla! 3.6
Who doesn’t know about Joomla!? It is one of the most popular and reliable content management systems thats helps developers create dynamic websites and web applications. But what about Joomla! 3.6?
You can use it for corporate sites, corporate portals, intranets and extranets, e-magazines, e-newspapers, eCommerce sites, complex business applications, B2C (Business to Customer) applications, Operations-based applications, small business sites, community based sites, personal sites and so much more. It kind of makes you question what can’t it do?
However, the Joomla Project and the Production Leadership Team have worked to release Joomla! 3.6 as the latest in the 3.x series.
Joomla! 3.6 introduces over 400 improvements, including features that make administrating Web sites easier and more feature-rich, as well as many UX (user experience) improvements.
It is time for Joomla! 3.6
Considering that Joomla! continually gets updated, the possibilities for improvements are endless. New versions bring developers new features. So, we listed down some of the ones you can expect from Joomla’s latest version, Joomla! 3.6, that was released on July 12, 2016.
- Now you can install Joomla core files easily with a few clicks.
- You can overwrite or modify files or bring them back to their default without difficulty.
- It is now easy to find modules that are of your interest and perform various tasks with a simple drop down.
- There is more improvement in user management.
- New sub-form field function / additional functionalities are added.
- It is easy now to nest XML forms
- You can also develop categories for articles, contacts, news feeds and banners as you’d like.
- Allow or restrict users to gain access to a specific menu or menu items.
- Improvements pertaining to menu structuring with the new option to show all items from all menus to spot errors better.
Along all these improvements come many more just with version 3.6.
Joomla! Versions Throughout the Years
Joomla! 3 is the latest major release of the Joomla CMS and going from 3.5 to 3.6 is only a one-click update. However, it doesn’t go without saying that Joomla has had its series of improvements throughout the years that have made it arguably the best CMS platform for developers. Joomla has come so far at such a rapid speed that we can only imagine what changes will come within the next couple of years. For now though take a look at all the Joomla! Versions up until now.
|1.0||September 22, 2005|
|1.5 (LTS)||January 22, 2008|
|1.6||January 10, 2011|
|1.7||July 19, 2011|
|2.5 (LTS)||January 24, 2012|
|3.0||September 27, 2012|
|3.1||April 24, 2013|
|3.2||November 6, 2013|
|3.3||April 30, 2014|
|3.4||February 24, 2015|
|3.5||March 21, 2016|
|3.6||July 12, 2016|
Are you looking for a Joomla site? Do you want to get your corporate website developed using the latest Joomla technology? If YES, then rely on Ibelsoft. We have a team of dedicated and experienced Joomla developers who can develop a site that can impress your customers and find ways to increase revenue in your business.
Talk to one of our Joomla! Consultants to know more about how a Joomla! site can be more suitable for your business.